|Entry Dates||10/29/19, 12:00 AM - 11/25/19, 11:50 PM 5 Days Left|
|Entry Fee?||Yes (35)|
30th Annual Midwest Seasons
427 N. 4th St.
Wausau 54403 USA
$1,500 in Cash Awards
Best of Show: $600 | 3 Awards of Excellence: $250 | 3 Honors: $50
ABOUT. Original works should draw inspiration from Midwest impressions and activities (i.e. the excitement of summer sports, the fresh scents of spring awakening, the warmth of a hot cup of soup in the bitter winter, or the crisp autumn colors). Interpretations of the season may broad and entries are not limited to representational works.
ELIGIBILITY. This exhibit is open to artists over the age of 18. The CVA reserves the right not to display work which fails to meet jury expectations.
- Ceramics, Drawing, Fiber, Glass, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Papermaking, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Textiles, and Wood.
- If applicable, 2-D work must be protected by plexiglass, NOT glass
- All 2-D work MUST be hung with wire
- Total size may NOT exceed 2,000 square inches
- Art must NOT have been shown before at the CVA
- Art MUST be original and created within the last two years
- November 25: Online & postmark deadline for submission
- Week of December 2: Notification of accepted artwork
- December 16-20, 10am-5pm: Self-delivery of artwork
- December 20: Deadline for delivery of mailed artwork
- January 3: Exhibit opens
- April 4: Exhibit closes
- April 6, 10am-5pm: Pick-Up of self-delivered artwork
- Week of April 6: Shipped artwork returned
JUROR: Tom Fleming, Professor of Art at the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point and University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point at Wausau.
LIABILITY. All work selected for the exhibit will be insured by the CVA against damage and theft while in the care of the gallery. Entrants are responsible for insuring work while in transit to and from the exhibit. All work must remain in the gallery for the entirety of the show. Any irregularities must be reported within 30 days of return of artwork. Submission of this application form constitutes agreement to all conditions listed in this prospectus.
SALES. Artists are encouraged to place their work for sale. If a piece of artwork is sold, a sales comission of 40% of the sale price will be retained by the CVA. Sold work must remain in the gallery the entire length of the exhibit. Payment will be made to the artist after the exhibit closes.
ABOUT CVA. The Center for the Visual Arts (CVA) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit visual arts organization working to engage people in the visual arts and add to the livability of the Wausau regional community. We do this through our free exhibits in four professional gallery spaces, offering art classes for children and adults through the CVA School of Art, selling original artist work in our gift shop, and collaborating with other local organizations and businesses to enrich the community.