|Entry Dates||3/1/21, 12:00 AM - 4/9/21, 11:59 AM 7 Days Left|
|Entry Fee?||Yes (5)|
NextGen 8.0 is calling all DMV aspiring artists.
VisArts welcomes artists ages 17 – 27 in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area to submit their application for NextGen 8.0. This iteration of NextGen will be held in an online gallery from June 4 - August 8, 2021. This will present a unique opportunity for aspiring artists with little to no experience to exhibit their work in a professional online gallery. Programming for this exhibition will include conversations with other emerging artists, critiques with local curators/arts administrators who work with young artists, and professional development.
*Keep in mind, with this being an online exhibition, your work will be fully represented through images or video. The digital material you submit is what will be used for the show if you are accepted, so make sure your image/video quality is top notch.
Required Application Materials:
- Application Form
- High Res images with captions, for up to 5 works of art
- Film and video pieces are welcome: 2 minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work. Up to 10 minutes total. Videos must be in .mp4 or .mov file format.
- Images must be in .jpg, .tiff, .png, or .gif file format. Minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Artist Statement (250 Word Maximum)
- Artist Bio (150 Word Maximum)
- Resume/ CV
- Application Fee ($5.00) – online application will require payment by credit card or PayPal. Financial assistance available upon a need basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To learn more the link is below: