|Entry Dates||9/1/21, 12:00 AM - 10/31/21, 12:00 AM 34 Days Left|
Epoch Literary Journal- "Unholy"
Epoch literary journal is currently seeking art submissions for our fifth issue with the theme of ‘Unholy’. Submissions are open 1 September – 31 October, 2021.
What We Publish
Epoch is a publishing platform for original, creative nonfiction.
We want to hear every voice. Epoch enthusiastically encourages submissions from marginalised voices around the world, BlPOC, POC, LGBT+ folks, emerging creators and people outside of academia. We hope you’ll trust us with your work.
We encourage the submission of all types of original artwork which can be printed in 2D including, but not limited to: drawing, painting, illustration, digital art, photography. Additionally, we accept stills of 3D art, such as ceramics, sculptures and installations as well as stills of video art, animation, and performance art. Please keep in mind that accepted work will be printed on one or two A5 pages.
Smaller files are easier for us to upload and share as we deliberate submissions. Artwork must be initially submitted as .jpeg files, with a resolution of 72 dpi, and dimensions of at least 595 x 841 pixels.
If you work is selected, we will request larger files suitable for printing with the following specifications:
• For continuous tone art (like a photograph or painting) we require .tiff files with a resolution of 300 dpi and dimensions of at least 2480 x 3508.
• For line art (like a contour drawing) we require .tiff files with a resolution of 1200 dpi and dimensions of at least 9921 x 14032 pixels.
Before making your initial submission of the .jpeg files, please ensure that you are able to provide files which meet the above criteria in the event that your work is selected. Files which do not meet these criteria will not be eligible for publication.
At this time, we are only able to review three submissions of art per artist.
How to Submit
Please send your best work to email@example.com.
1. In the body of your submission e-mail, please include full caption information for each piece: title, year, medium, dimensions, any relevant ‘courtesy of’ information, and the name and contact information of models featured in any photography. Feel free to include any information about you or your work that you’d like us to know.
2. Attach your submission(s) to the email as a .jpeg file. If submitting multiple pieces, please attach each piece as a separate file.
3. Please name files: FirstLast_Title (ex: OctaviaButler_Bloodchild)
4. Do not include your name or other identifying information within the piece itself, with the exception of signed artwork. We review anonymously.
These art submissions will also be entered with consideration for the issue’s cover art, unless specified otherwise. Standard payment for contributing artists is £15, while the artist of our Cover Art will be awarded £25.
You will be notified after the closing date for submissions whether your piece has been accepted or rejected. If your work is accepted, you will need to sign a publishing agreement granting us non-exclusive rights to publish your work, which will be made available online and sold in print. You will retain copyright for your work, but subsequent publications must include a credit line indicating that your piece first appeared in Epoch literary journal, with the appropriate issue and year.
Epoch Press is committed to paying contributors. At present, we offer the authors and artists of accepted contributions their choice of:
A. £15 per accepted piece (£25 for Cover Art)
B. £5 plus a contributor copy, and domestic shipping, per accepted piece (£15 plus a contributor copy, and domestic shipping, for Cover Art)
We’re artists and writers ourselves; we know your work has value and exposure doesn’t pay the bills. Epoch Press is a brand new, independent publishing press with low funds but big goals. Paying contributors well is a crucial tenet of our long-term plan, and the amount we offer for accepted submissions will increase with our funding.
If you have any questions regarding submission guidelines, do not hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit https://epochpress.org/submission-guidelines for more information.