|Entry Dates||7/18/23, 4:01 PM - 8/31/23, 11:59 PM 95 Days Left|
Exhibition Proposals for the 2024 - 2025 Season
251 Alabama Street
Carrollton 30117 United States
The Carrollton Center for the Arts invites visual artists from the southeastern region of the United States to submit exhibition proposals for consideration for the upcoming gallery season. The Roush Gallery (approximately 1192 square feet) is housed within the center located in the historic downtown area of Carrollton, Georgia, an hour west of Atlanta. Our facility regularly services 60,000 patrons annually and hosts the annual Arts Festival of Carrollton which draws 5,000 guests to our venue. The Roush Gallery offers state of the art LED lighting and technology capable of effectively presenting a wide array of media. Solo exhibits, two-man shows, collaborations, installation proposals and group exhibitions are welcome to apply. The center also houses the Galleria, a multi-function corridor gallery that hosts both professional and emerging artists. Marketing, exhibit installation by trained staff and a formal reception are included for most featured exhibits.
Go to https://carrolltonarts.com/for-artists/ for detailed information, submission guidelines and a layout of the Roush and Galleria exhibition spaces.
You may also contact the Visual Arts Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-838-1083 for more information.
Submission packets will be emailed to the Visual Arts Coordinator and should include the following:
1. A letter of interest describing the artwork to be displayed including the thematic or conceptual basis of the exhibit. Any special technological, installation or similar needs should be discussed.
CCA works to connect exhibitions with educational programming. If you would be willing to teach a class or have any other ideas for programming, please also add this to the letter.
2. 15 to 20 good quality images (jpeg format) of the body of work that you are interested in exhibiting. If you are creating a new body of work, then images of artwork that is similar can be used. Please make sure that each photograph is listed with title, dimensions and medium/s used either through each image’s title or by an adjoining image list. Price listings for artwork are also helpful but not required.
3. C.V. (can be edited to show highlights)
4. Artist Statement/Biography
5. Short description of the shipping requirements needed to deliver and return the artwork to and from the center. For example, would the work be delivered by FedEx or UPS? Will a Uhaul or personal vehicle be used?
6. Not required but recommended: Suggested supplementary media - scholarly reviews or press releases of past exhibitions, letters of support from Gallery/Museum professionals, images of past installations (with date and location).