|Entry Dates||10/23/23, 3:52 PM - 12/15/23, 11:58 PM 10 Days Left|
Open Call at Alexander Brest Gallery
Open Call for Exhibition Proposals – Alexander Brest Gallery – 2024-2025
The Alexander Brest Gallery at Jacksonville University (Jacksonville, FL) is seeking exhibition proposals for the upcoming 2024-2025 season. The 2300 square foot gallery space welcomes proposals for 2D, 3D, installation, and video work. Both solo and group exhibition proposals will be considered.
The Alexander Brest Gallery, under the direction of Gallery Director Zakriya Rabani, is located at the Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts on Jacksonville University’s historic campus. JU’s main campus is located in a beautiful riverfront setting in suburban Jacksonville, across the St. Johns River from downtown and just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. The 240-acre campus includes a half-mile of riverfront, oak-lined paths, and a mix of historic and new campus buildings. Canopied footpaths and a scenic waterfront provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of this location and all it has to offer.
For more information on the Alexander Brest Gallery:
The deadline for Exhibition Proposals is December 15, 2023
Application materials should be sent electronically to email@example.com
Please read this section carefully. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. The applicant’s name must appear on all materials submitted.
Your filename name should be in the following format: LastName_FirstName_ExhibitionTitle_Proposal.pdf; use the name of the individual submitting the proposal for group exhibitions.
You may include the following in a single PDF file: Exhibition Narrative, CV/Resume & Image List. File should be no more than 50MB.
• Describe the exhibition you are proposing. Include a clear thesis statement in the beginning of the proposal to show how it presents a cohesive exhibition.
• For project proposals (unfinished or installation): In addition to the statement, describe the proposed work including a timeline. Note if any portion of the project will be created on-site that the install must be completed in under three days.
CV/Resume with preferred method of contact
• Include a CV/resume of all participating artists (and represented curator if it applies)
• CVs should be limited to one page per person.
• Include contact information: cell phone number, email address, website url, social media handle(s)
• Images should be high resolution (72 dpi).
• You may include up to 12 Images total for a solo exhibition, or three images per person for a group exhibition. Please compile all images into one single .pdf file.
• Please place each image on its own page, size large.
• List information directly underneath each image: Artist, Title, medium, dimensions (height x width x depth), year.
• For video/audio work: please include links for online streaming along with video image stills.
• If applying with all video or audio work, you do not need to include an images pdf, simply include all links in your text document.
• Please include a JU student engagement activity, this could be: studio visit, lecture, a tool or material demonstration, student participation in exhibition narrative, collaboration between other colleges at JU, etc.
Who May Apply
This open call is available to all artists in the continental US. The Alexander Brest Gallery is committed to sharing the voices of artists from a broad diversity of race, color, creed, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, marital status, political opinion or affiliation, and mental or physical disability.
Can a team apply?
Group exhibitions and curatorial proposals are welcomed, as well as solo exhibition proposals from established and emerging artists in all mediums. If applying as a team, please submit one résumé for the team, with no more than one page per team member.
GALLERY FLOOR PLAN + GALLERY IMAGES
For more information on the Alexander Brest Gallery and exhibition opportunities contact: Gallery Director, Zakriya Rabani – firstname.lastname@example.org