|Entry Dates||9/1/23, 12:08 PM - 11/27/23, 11:59 PM 11 Days Left|
|Entry Fee?||Yes (3-35)|
7th Louisiana Biennial: National Juried Exhibition
1402 st john ave
Ruston 71270-5244 United States
Submission Deadline: November 27, 2023
Louisiana Tech University School of Design
7th Louisiana Biennial: National Juried Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: January 30 - February 20, 2024
The 7th Louisiana Biennial is open to artists in the US making 2D, 3D and video works exploring any theme. The 2024 juror is Laura Blereau, Curator of Exhibitions at the Newcomb Art Museum of Tulane University in New Orleans. ?
Blereau holds over twenty years of experience working with artists, galleries, and museums, and she writes frequently about contemporary art. She is a specialist in art and technology, particularly time-based mediums such as new media and software art, kinetic sculpture, and performance.
Since coming to Newcomb Art Museum in 2017, Blereau has curated and co-curated several exhibitions, such as Unthinkable Imagination: A Creative Response to the Juvenile Justice Crisis (2023), Core Memory: Encoded (2022), Laura Anderson Barbata: Transcommunality (2021), Brandan ‘Bmike’ Odums: Not Supposed 2-BE Here (2020), per(Sister): Incarcerated Women of Louisiana (2019), Fallen Fruit: Empire (2018) and Clay in Place (2018).
Previously, Blereau’s interdisciplinary approach to the visual arts was shaped by formative work experiences at The Kitchen, Marian Goodman Gallery, the Museum of Modern Art, bitforms gallery, the Louisiana Arts and Science Museum, the Hilliard University Art Museum, and several artist studios. Blereau holds an MFA in New Forms from Pratt Institute and a BFA in Painting from Louisiana State University. She is an alum of the Curatorial Intensive Program at Independent Curators International.??Awards:
Best in Show: $500 + a solo exhibition at LA Tech in 2024/2025
Juror’s Choice: $300
Two Honorable Mentions: $100 each
2D, 3D and video works eligible for entry
Submission Fees: 1-3 works $30, 4-5 works: $35
Visit http://artlatech.slideroom.com to submit
Visit https://support.slideroom.com for online image/video prep help
Image criteria: (https://bit.ly/SlideRoom_Media)
Submission Deadline: November 27, 11:59pm CST
Acceptance notice: December 5, 2023
Deadline for drop-off/receipt of accepted works: January 4, 2024
Exhibition Opens: January 16, 2024
Reception and Juror Talk: January 30, 2024
Exhibition Closes: February 20, 2024
Pick-up and return shipping: February 26, 2024
• All entries must be created by the artist(s) submitting the work within the past 5 years. Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
• Monetary values for each work must be given for insurance purposes. Louisiana Tech University does not handle art sales. Any inquiries will be forwarded to the artist.
Media is open, but work must be ready to exhibit. Artist is responsible for providing installation hardware (wall ready, wire, cleats, etc). Unusual hanging or installation methods must be approved. Special projects may require instructions, equipment specifications, and/or physical on-site support for setup. Video works need to be at least 1920 x 1080 resolution for display and available as a high quality DVD or movie file.
• Work should not exceed 120” in width or 84” in height (including frame).
• 2d work must not exceed 50 lbs and 3d works must not exceed 100 lbs.
• Accepted artists must sign an Exhibition Contract.
• LA Tech reserves the right to reproduce submitted images for all media and publicity purposes.
• LA Tech reserves the right to reject work that differs from submitted images/videos.
• No more than 5 entries are allowed.
• A non-refundable submission fee of $30 for up to 3 entries or $35 for 5 entries is required. Submission fees must be paid online at the time of entry.
• There will be two submission areas at artlatech.slideroom.com, allowing individuals to choose between submitting up to 3 or 5 images. Choose the submission that reflects the number of entries you wish to submit; artists cannot submit to both. If you would like to submit multiple views for one object you may submit one jpg file or multiple images merged or suggest viewing multiple views on your website or other link in the submission notes or upload a PDF files, which can have multiple pages as long as they are 10MB or less. SlideRoom does not allow multiple images for one object without charging for each image.
• Online entry must be complete to be accepted. Submission via http://artlatech.slideroom.com will serve as artist’s signature and agreement to all terms and conditions. Accepted artists will also receive an exhibition agreement at a later date.
• Application materials must be received via http://artlatech.slideroom.com no later than 11:59pm CST November 27, 2023.
• Communication regarding acceptance will be done via email. Please do not call to inquire about submissions.
Artists are responsible for shipping both ways. Work must be packed in sturdy, reusable boxes with proper protection (at least 3” of proper packing material between box and artwork). Return shipping *must be prepaid and enclosed with artwork or sent to the gallery at least 1 week prior* to the closing of the exhibition. Work that does not have prepaid, return shipping labels may become property of the gallery 10 days after the closing of the exhibition. Do not use packing peanuts. Louisiana Tech University is not responsible for any damage incurred in transit. Shipping insurance is encouraged.